A selection of the best and brightest talents in life sciences have been shortlisted for the national Medilink UK Healthcare Business Awards 2020, sponsored by Grant Thornton LLP.
Over 40 companies encompassing the length and breadth of the life sciences sector will come together on Thursday, October 8 and five of them will be crowned national winners.
In normal circumstances the life sciences sector has come together at a celebratory dinner which for the last few years has been held in association with Med-Tech Innovation. However this year, the awards will be held as a virtual event in partnership with both Med-Tech Innovation and MedTech Integrates.
The Headline Sponsor for the Medilink UK Healthcare Awards 2020 is Grant Thornton LLP. Grant Thornton is part of one of the world’s leading organisations of independent advisory, tax and audit firms. They help dynamic organisations unlock their potential for growth by providing meaningful, forward looking advice.
Over the past year, all constituent parts of the Medilink UK network have identified their own regional winners which have now been put forwards for the national awards to find the best of the best.
The five Medilink UK Awards categories are:
- Start Up – Sponsored by Horiba – For newly established companies that show a promising future
- Export Achievement – Sponsored by Morningside Pharmaceuticals – For substantial growth in overseas earnings and commercial success
- Collaboration with the NHS – Sponsored by The AHSN Network – For an innovation that is being adopted by the NHS and that has demonstrated an impact on efficacy, patient outcomes and NHS system costs.
- Innovation – Sponsored by Kallik – For the development of innovative technology, design and/or processes that have produced a major improvement in business performance & impacted the market
- Outstanding Achievement – Sponsored by Mills and Reeve LLP – For an outstanding achievement that has had a significant or vital impact on the company and market showing potential for continued growth
Bill Cruise, Chairman of Medilink UK, said:
“I look forward to the Medilink UK Healthcare Awards 2020 and am genuinely amazed by the rich variety of truly excellent life science companies present across the Medilink UK Network. I would like to wish the finalists the best of luck and say that you are all a credit to your area and the life sciences community as a whole.”
Kevin Kiely, Chief Executive of Medilink UK, added:
“The current climate has demonstrated to us all the importance of life sciences in our daily lives. In all parts of life, we need effective, diverse and good-quality healthcare products and services to help us enjoy the best quality of life possible. It’s thanks to innovative, hard-working, and resilient life science companies that we are able to continue to push the boundaries of human knowledge on a daily basis. The companies who have become Medilink UK Award Finalists for 2020 demonstrate these qualities as shining examples to the sector.”
News & Analysis