Wallonia, the French-speaking region of Belgium, is a key references in the field of life sciences, as it occupies a pivotal role for the European and global pharmaceutical industry thanks to a unique ecosystem. Ongoing efforts to improve the business environment in the region have allowed companies to improve their competitiveness through lower costs and easier access to facilities and qualified workforce. This is why the region has been chosen to produce the active substance for the AstraZeneca vaccine against Covid-19.
If your company wishes to learn about Wallonia’s unique advantages and is thinking about expanding to Mainland Europe, you are welcome to attend this Medilink Midlands webinar on Wednesday 16th September at 1pm-2.30pm.
AWEX, the Walloon Agency in charge of Foreign Trade and Investment, will present the region’s ecosystem.
The webinar will cover:
– The Walloon ecosystem for the life sciences industry
– The Biowin Cluster
– The six strategic domains: (bio)pharmacy, cell therapy, radiation applied to health, medical devices and in vitro diagnostics, biomanufacturing, data science
– The Science Parks Network
– The two potential partners: BioPark Charleroi & Louvain la Neuve Science Park
– The Belgian tax regime
– Tax incentives for R&D & IP in Belgium
– Financial incentives: cash grants, subsidies for foreign companies, welcome office
There will also be the opportunity to ask questions directly to the speakers.